It's a light reading day! We're learning about more offerings and what to do when your wife makes a hasty purchase--maybe that's what it means 😉
DAILY READINGSNumbers 28-30 & Psalm 49
DAILY NOTESNumbers 28
- Prescribed daily offerings, sabbath offerings, monthly offerings, passover offerings and offerings for the festival of weeks.
- Prescribed offerings for festival of trumpets, day of atonement, festival of booths.
- Jesus once said, "Let your 'yes' be 'yes' and your 'no' be 'no." Vows are important to the people of God. The whole story we're reading is based on a vow/promise from God.
- This chapter deals with the vows a man makes; he should keep them. Mostly, though, the chapter deals with the vows made by a daughter or wife. The father/husband was given authority to decide whether any vows or rash decisions made by her were to be kept or not.
- People have trusted in their wealth for a long time.
- No matter what earthly goods you accumulate, none of it is carried into eternity with you.
- I like how The Message Bible translates Verse 20: We aren’t immortal. We don’t last long.
Like our dogs, we age and weaken. And die.