DAY 34Have you ever attended a class or participated in a presentation where the speaker simply read directly from a script? That's not always bad, but they've also given you the script! So, you're reading what they're reading and nothing new is coming out of it. That's not a class I want to attend.
I feel like today's reading could be like that. I don't have much to add to what's being said about leprous purification rituals and what to do when a man or woman has bodily discharge.
Here's a better idea for today. You read it and let me know what you have questions about. If this passage is new to you, there are no bad questions. If you're reading it again, how do make sense of what these rituals mean?
DAILY READINGSLeviticus 14-15 & Psalm 34
DAILY NOTESLeviticus 14:1-32
- Ritual cleaning for a leprous person.
- The passage also contains instructions for someone who cannot afford the animals required for the original offerings.
- What to do when leprosy comes into a house. Yes, your house could have been torn down because it was deemed unclean.
- Purification rituals for men who have discharge.
- Purification rituals for women having regular discharge.
- You bless God by giving thanks to God.
- The psalmists boasts in God. That reminds us of things the Apostle Paul said.
- When God delivers you, are you ready to sing? What song/hymn comes to mind?